Guess who didn’t gain any weight while she was on vacation?!?!
Oh, that’s right!
Holy crud, I can’t believe it. I spent a three days in Disneyland with things like:
- Mickey Mouse shaped beignets – Soo tasty. Not quite Cafe du Monde quality, and no chicory coffee, but up there with my favorite cajun restaurant.
- Moon Shaped Rice Krispie Treats covered in sugar frosting – Didn’t touch these, but oh I was soo tempted, even if turn make your mouth blue (will not mention improper remark about smurfs, but I think you get the picture). There’s two of them sitting on the counter in our kitchen taunting me.
- Dark Chocolate Dipped Strawberries – Had one of these when I was getting a little punchy. Mmmm, tasty. Chocolate and strawberry? My fave.
- Popcorn – Every time I passed by one of the popcorn stands, I had to pick my jaw up from the ground to keep from drooling. Smells soooo goooood! Avoid! Avoid! Avoid! And I did. Go me.
- Sugar cookies covered in frosting in the shape of Mickey Mouse – Should have avoided. And didn’t. Tasty, tasty!
- And about five hundred other tasty things I pretended didn’t exist.
And I didn’t gain weight!!!! Oh yeah!
I did bring home something I shouldn’t have:
Eek! And I’ve had two of them since getting home Sunday night. HELP!
Honestly, though, there was a lot of great food this weekend (along with the bad), and I think I made a lot of really good choices. Focusing more on eating vegetables makes a difference, and while I didn’t eat entirely vegetarian while at Disneyland (which is quite the chore I might add) I made that my focus.
Oh, yeah, then there was the meal at Club 33. Didn’t get a chance to take too many pictures, but I’ll leave you with this gem from after dinner. Pirate punch (made with XO rum). Sooo tasty: