I know I’ve been a little quiet around here the past couple of days. There’s been tons going on, and I’ve wanted nothing more than to plunk my butt down and write about it. But I couldn’t. You wanna know the reason why?? That’s cause I’m on vacation!!!! Oh yeah.
To be fair, I’ve been planning for my vacation this week, and all week it’s been prepare, prepare, prepare.
Since the hubby’s still asleep and I have a few minutes, I’ll give you the run down. It’s actually been a great week. For some reason, I thrive on the chaos of a busy lifestyle:
- My eating’s been right on plan, and I’ve made time to exercise. WTF?!? Why can’t I make time to exercise when I’m lazy and sitting on my butt, but I can fit in 40-50 minutes a day when I’m running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Grr.
- Meatless Monday was great, but not much of an effort on my part. We resorted to ordering vegetarian pizza for dinner, and I didn’t cook anything.
- I made up for not cooking on Monday, by cooking on Tuesday!!!! Woot! Go Me!!!
- Last week I bought a huge butternut squash (seriously huge):
In Adventures in Vegetarian and Vegan cooking, and looking for recipes that were NOT butternut squash soup, I found this great recipe over at Fat Free Vegan Kitchen: Lemony Quinoa with Butternut Squash. Yum. This will definitely be added to the rotation, even if cutting butternut squash is a bear, and I cut myself with our ridiculously sharp Cutco knife.
- Wednesday was the Weekly Weigh-in:
This Week’s Stats
Previous Weight: 259.4 lbs
Current Weight: 258.2 lbs
Weight Lost: -1.2 lbs
Total Weight Lost: -33.4 lbs
Oh yeah, baby, I’m a pound and a half away from 35 lbs lost!!!! Booyah!
- Thursday was busy, busy, busy. We did most of the packing Wednesday, but I stayed up late to do the 30 Day Shred, woke up late on Thursday, and had to rush to get everything done in the morning. Then it was work, work, work, rush home, finish packing, and get our butts on the road. I overpacked, as usual, but we made it here safely around midnight. And NSV: we went to Sonic on the way down, and I kept myself from ordering stupid crazy food!
- In other news of my crazy, I decided to challenge myself in the workout department. Last week, I was going off about making it through Level One of the 30 Day Shred. I decided since I could do it, I would do it, and three times a week at that! Monday, Wednesday, Friday, alternating it with other workouts on off days and two days off a week. Since I’m out of town today and this weekend, I only did it twice this week, but next week it’s on!
So, yeah, it’s been a good week, and I’m planning to stick to my plan over this vacation.
Have a good one folks, and you’ll see me again real soon!